- 38 hours a week | Ongoing | Access to salary packaging
- 7.30am-3.30pm | Monday to Friday | Port Lincoln
- Close-knit team | Helping to change the lives of people with disability
Provide general gardening and labouring support and supervision at our Port Lincoln site in an environment that supports people with a disability to achieve their workplace goals.
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our customer’s lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
About the Role
This ongoing position works 38 hours a week, 7.30am – 3.36pm with a focus on gardening, cleaning and general labour. The position reports to the Operations Manager and provides genuine support and encouragement to the supported employees on site, who are people with disability.
- Gardening duties including weeding, mowing, pruning, and hedging
- General commercial and home cleaning as part of a team of cleaners
- 1:1 & 1:8 support, training and encouragement of employees
- General, basic administration
- Transport of supported employees as required
This is a multi-faceted role requiring a combination of gardening, cleaning and leadership skills. As you will be working closely with our supported employees, who are people living with disability you will need to be patient, empathetic, and adaptable, and have excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills.
Other skills and qualities include:
- Previous experience in a gardening, cleaning or general labouring role
- Understanding, patience, and empathy
- Basic administration and computer skills
- An ability to work with people with disability
- For this role the following documents must be provided prior to a formal offer of employment with Bedford Phoenix Incorporated.
- A National Police Clearance (no older than six months)
- Driver’s licence
- NDIS worker screening clearance
- Evidence of right to work in Australia
- Evidence of FULL vaccination with a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine or an acceptable exemption*
What’s in it for you?
- Reduce the amount of tax you pay through generous salary packaging
- Opportunities for growth and development
- A close-knit, supportive team environment
- An opportunity to align your values and purpose to the work you do
- Access to Bedford’s Rewards and Recognition program
- Monthly team-building events
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Ellisha Tonkin, Recruitment Advisor on 08 8275 0204 for a confidential discussion.
For a copy of the position description please visit our careers page bedfordgroup.com.au/careers
Applications close Thursday 1st December 2022.
Bedford reserves the right to close applications prior to this date.
*This position is within the disability sector and is subject to legislation under the Public Health Act 2011. This currently requires proof of full COVID vaccination (two doses plus a booster) with a TGA-approved vaccine or evidence of an acceptable exemption from SA Health prior to being appointed to this role. Please visit legislation.sa.gov.au/legislation/CV19 for further information.
Bedford values diversity, acceptance, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and encourage applications from First Nations, people with disability and people of all gender identities. Contact Bedford Recruitment on 08 8275 0204 or email email@example.com to discuss any adjustments you may require to provide you with the support you need in the application and recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.