- Job no: 53952426
- Brand: Australia Post
- Categories: Retail & Customer Service
- Work type: Casual Part Time
- State: SA
- Location: Port Lincoln
Every year, all over Australia, around one million customers walk into one of Australia Post’s 4,400 Post Offices. And it’s our retail teams who make sure that every experience they have is a great one.
So if you have not just a knack for great customer service, but a real passion for connecting with people from all walks of life, then you’ve come to the right place.
About the role
- Port Lincoln
Fully paid training : 6 weeks full time Mon to Fri 8.45am – 5.06pm, then 6 weeks part time 25hrs Mon to Fri
- Once trained casual rate is up to $32.64 + 12% super.
Postal Services Officers are members of the teams that work in our Post Offices, offering the full range of Australia Post products and services. We solve problems, find solutions, help out and pitch in – while always looking for ways to make our customers’ days too.
A day in the Post Office could see you:
- Performing customer sales and service transactions
- Maintaining a cash advance accurately – which includes handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards and EFTPOS
- Promoting and processing a broad range of financial agency transactions through Australia Post’s technology systems
- Conducting and processing a number of identity services transactions, including Australian Passport Interview – establishing an applicant’s identity with a highest levels of accuracy and compliance
- Promoting our products and services through up-selling and cross-selling, merchandising and other promotional activities
- Accepting mail items for lodgement, and accurately assessing any applicable charges
- Building rewarding relationships with customers by understanding their needs
- Preparing outward mail for despatch through – including presentation and the cancelling of stamps
- Assisting with administrative duties such as stocktaking and record maintenance
- Maintaining commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Working up to 25 hours per week weekdays between 8:45am to 5.15pm (usually in 4-5 hour shifts).
What are we looking for?
Besides being a friendly, considerate person with a real passion for great customer service, you’ll need to be able to:
- Lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly
- Stand up for most of your shift
- Be flexible for additional hours, as well as changing shift times or locations
- Work as part of a team to deliver the best possible service and solutions to our customers
Together, our differences make us stronger
We’re all ages, genders and abilities, and we come from all walks of life. We’re you. As one of Australia’s largest employers – with 35,000 employees and an extended workforce of more than 70,000 – we’re laser focused on building a workforce that reflects the vibrant communities we serve. And we know an inclusive workforce is better for business too.
Learn more about how we’re supporting inclusion at Australia Post at https://mypo.st/Diversity
If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Learn more about our commitment to Reconciliation in this short video.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.
Advertised: 18 Nov 2022 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: 02 Dec 2022 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.