Location – Various regional locations in SA and WA
About the roles
We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who have a strong desire to complete a 4-year apprenticeship in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Boilermaking/ Fabrication or Signal Maintaining fields. Work with industry leading rollingstock and learn from highly skilled tradespeople at our Forrestfield (Perth), Avon (Northam), Picton (Bunbury), Narngulu (Geraldton), Dry Creek (near Adelaide), Thevenard (near Ceduna) and Port Augusta (head of Spencer Gulf) sites.
These roles will require you:-
- To develop skills, experience and the knowledge to obtain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Successfully complete both written and practical assessments within the given timeframe.
- Actively participate in team and safety meetings, contributing to improvement initiatives
- Work collaboratively with a variety of trades personnel to ensure work is performed in accordance with technical & operational standards.
- Potentially rotate between our locomotive and wagon maintenance divisions (for mechanical trades).
We are eager to engage with people who have a genuine interest in their chosen trade through work experience or hobbies. You will be energetic in your approach to this role and excited to join or further your career in the Rail Industry.
- An overriding commitment to health & safety.
- A strong desire to learn and develop a range of new skills associated with your chosen trade.
- Motivation to achieve individual and team goals and objectives with a willingness to actively contribute to attain results.
- Demonstrated interest in the chosen trade
- Ability to undertake an extensive training program including theory & practical components.
- Commitment to Aurizon values and a willingness to embrace a diverse work environment.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment checks such as testing, references and medical is a requirement of these roles. Please note these are not FIFO/DIDO positions.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles, and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.