ACA - Home Care Workforce Support
About the position
Apprenticeship Careers Australia are currently recruiting for Home Care Workers to assist the elderly living independently in their own homes. We are looking for candidates who are wanting to create meaningful relationships with the clients.
Candidates who do not hold a qualification will be provided with short, unpaid pre-employment training at no cost, designed to give you the skills and confidence to transition into the industry.
Duties and responsibilities of a Home Care Worker:
- Providing person-centered care to clients living independently in their own homes
- Provide companionship and support throughout daily living activities
- Lifestyle support including preparing meals, social outings, transport to and from medical appointments
- General household tasks
The right candidate will possess the following:
- Proficiency in written and verbal English essential
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment or individually
- Passionate about providing high quality care to the elderly
- Friendly and compassionate
- Positive attitude
Requirements of the position:
- National Police Check (or willing to obtain)
- Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willing to obtain)
- Seasonal Flu Vaccination (or willing to obtain) and Covid-19 vaccination including the booster
- A current driver’s license, roadworthy vehicle and minimum third-party car insurance
- Working rights within Australia
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.