The 2018 South Australian Tourism Awards are just around the corner, providing a great opportunity to review your business.
“Being part of the SA Tourism Awards Program is a year long focus on excellence for our team bringing benefits at all levels of our business and remarkable experiences for our customers.”
– Julie Parr, Active Education
We’re already halfway through the qualifying period for this year’s Tourism Awards, so if you’re thinking of entering the awards this year, you can start planning for your submission now.
Read on for some key tips on what you can start doing NOW to help prepare you to write your submission!
- If you haven’t already done so, start a file where you can record any information that may be useful in your awards submission. Some ideas to get you started include:
- Testimonials and feedback – start a document to record feedback and testimonials received that can help support your submission.
- Staff training – record any staff training undertaken for easy addition.
- Photos – if something happens in your business that you may be referring to or using as a case study, be sure to take a photo – a picture tells 1000 words!
- Case studies – make note of events which may be used as a case study in your submission.
- Screenshots – these can be useful to record and remember events – for example if you have had a successful social media post.
- Marketing activities – keep track of any marketing activities including paid advertising, social media or other media coverage.
- Industry activities – such as attendance at industry events.
- Gather your statistics – make sure you have collected and recorded your first six months worth of statistics, this can include things such as visitor numbers, bookings, website visits etc.
The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) aligns closely with many of the Tourism Awards questions, so by completing your accreditation, you’re well on your way to putting together your submission.
If you’ve not already been accredited through ATAP, now is the perfect time to do so!
The online accreditation program also provides business resources and templates.
If you are a SATIC Member, ATAP is included FREE in your membership!
Start the process here or contact email@example.com or on (08) 8110 00123 for more information.
TOP TIPS FROM THE AWARDS JUDGES
- Be prepared – start planning as early as possible and ensure that you make the most of the support programs available.
- Collect testimonials throughout the qualifying period from a range of feedback sources (e.g. customers, suppliers and staff).
- Review your business and marketing plans and make sure they are up-to-date, as these are the starting point for a lot of the submission content.
Review previous submission feedback – if you have previously entered the awards, this will help you to identify key areas and ideas for improvement.
KEY DATES TO REMEMBER
Nominations Open: Wednesday, 28 February
Nominations Close: Monday, 25 June
Submissions Due: Monday, 13 August
2018 Tourism Awards Gala Dinner: Friday, 9 November
“By writing our submission for the SA Tourism Awards we have learnt a lot about our business. The program encouraged us to reflect our core processes and strategy which will help us develop the business to the next level!”– Martin Kloeckner, BBQ Buoys
If you have any questions or queries, please contact SATIC’s Industry Programs Coordinator, Joanna Chudy on (08) 8110 0123 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please visit: www.bit.ly/satourismawards18.